Plasterers apply plaster, cement, or acrylic finish products to the interior and exterior of walls and ceilings of hospitals, office buildings, schools, warehouses, residences, shopping centers and large industrial and commercial buildings.
The craft requires an extensive amount of outdoor work. This is a very active, strenuous trade, with much standing, stooping, bending, climbing and carrying. The ability to work at heights is a must.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED Certificate
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have dependable transportation
How do I prepare for the trade?
It will be helpful to have completed courses in or possess the following skills:
- Good reading ability
- General science
- General math
What are the program specifics?
- Length of program is 4 years
- 6 months probationary period
- A minimum of 144 hours of classroom related instruction each year
- Starting pay is 60% of Journeyman