Becoming a Bricklayer makes you a part of the oldest and most highly respected of the skilled construction trades. Bricklayers work with a variety of materials – brick, block, stone, pre-cast masonry panels and marble- using mortar and trowels.
Other tools of the trade are chisels, jointers, mason hammers, levels and power saws. Welding is also taught to the bricklayer to expand their construction skills.
Bricklayers work in all types of weather and at various buildings, churches, commercial and industrial buildings, homes and schools. Several different styles of bricklaying will also be taught to diversify and beautify your work.
To join our team to “Build the Future!” You must:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED Certificate
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be physically able to handle the demands of the trade
How do I prepare for the trade? The following will be helpful:
- General math courses
- Blueprint reading courses
- Develop responsible work ethics
What are the program specifics?
- Length of program is 4 years
- No upper age limit (can be 17 when you start program, with parent signature)
- On the job training and 144 hours apprentice school each year